Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Anxiety Might Surface, But I Am Protected

The weight of the world upon my shoulders…? Hum!  What a funny thought and yet how often I try to put that impossibility upon myself.  Yesterday’s anxiety attack has left me weakened as I search my Father’s Hand to continue His Will and Love designed to Carry me further into the Kingdom of His Purposes.  Fear had overtaken me as I swallowed a reaction to WHERE IS MICHAEL, my beloved husband?  I felt so sure he was in the house but I could not find him.  Safely on down the road he was traveling back to work.  In January of this year I found him at the bottom of a stairway, unconscious and body twisted.  Now life is complicated with changes but never deserted of God’s Love.  At times it feels like this accident happened yesterday and other times it feels like years and years ago.   

I have a son, well, I actually have three beautiful sons; but my middle child has this quality about him that somehow insists on things around him remain calm.  I can be ‘swimming with sharks’ as I recently described my feelings and he will come in and put a barrier around me and give me room to once again just enjoy the water while observing the sharks now on the outer side of my domain.  What a wonderful description of my Creator as we have been place ‘in the world but we are not of this world’.  I love Jesus’ prayer to His Father for “us” whom Jesus gave Him Self completely for, in John 17:
15I do not ask that You will take them out of the world, but that You will keep and protect them from the evil one. …
20Neither for these alone do I pray [it is not for their sake only that I make this request], but also for all those who will ever come to believe in (trust in, cling to, rely on) Me through their word and teaching, (The Amplified Bible)
I am that one..!  The one that believes and trust in and CLINGS TO Him through His Word and His teachings!  And I will admit… this prayer is much needed in my life.  My eyes get all caught up in the confusion and fear of today’s event or even reach out to the tomorrow and respond to the ‘what ifs’ it might bring sometimes.  But with the burden I put upon myself, today I remind myself that Jesus prayed over me for this moment… when I find myself thinking I have been caught by this worlds trauma and it is my responsibility, He is protecting me and will romance me back to His Place to lay all burdens at His Feet and Dance with Him, for I am unable to carry the world or my own anxiety of this world.  The Barrier is Up around me by answered prayers of Him Who Loved me before I was born and I am released to Float in His Substance again.  For I have been placed ‘in’ this world but Jesus Prayed a barrier around me to stop the enemy’s bite for he no longer can come into my domain.  No wonder the soul dances as the Protection of His Goodness Lifts us to Sing once again.  How outrageous is His Love that has no end for my behalf.  I am Safe as I stay in His Word of Promise over me.  I am Protected, I am Free….!  I give my thanks with a heart sold out to Him, for His Safety…!  I accept the Prayer Jesus Prayed as He Lives in my heart.

1 comment:

Debbie Petras said...

I was so pleased to read your comment on Heart Choices. Thank you for the anniversary wishes too. I tend to love life to be calm and peaceful but unfortunately that's typically not the way it goes. The enemy loves to discourage us or cause us to waste time in fear. I love how you cling to the Lord. It's the best place to be. He is my shelter in the storm. No matter what goes on around us, we are protected. What a blessing that is!

Blessings and love,
Debbie