Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Name

What could be one of
THE.  MOST.  AWESOME.  THINGS.
you can think of? 

Think about this with me.

Last weekend I realized something that has given me a new appreciation of worship I could offer to Father, Son and Spirit. 
Something of myself that would honor this Trinity with what I find so treasured. 
Here is how it happened.

I was called ‘Nana’..!

Pretty simple huh…!
But here is the depth of something so awesome. 

Each grandchild that called me this common name, used all over the world, never had a single thought that possibly I was not Nana; Nana was my name and position and I was treasured.  They spoke it with confidence and almost with no thought processing going on at all, ‘Nana…!’ 

Ahhhh, here is the reality...this name sounds much more like a song to me
than just a title. 

It catches my attention and all my affections are redirected - from what I was doing to their heart. It didn’t matter what the next few words were going to be, I was totally captured by their desire to speak to me.

I was also called,
mom by my sons,
'mom' she says...a special jewel my daughter in law,
and even a precious ex-daughter in law - ;i love you momma'. 

Oh my… my title, who I am, spoken without processing. 

I was so overwhelmed with JOY
this ‘song’
they put behind their voice,
to catch me eye to eye.

THEN

My mom calls me 'baby'
I was kissed by both my mom and dad.  Hugged by sisters and brothers who spoke from the heart, ‘I love you sissy!’ 

 All the titles of who I am to them - without doubt I am. 

My names…
yes,love that melts division,
directed to me with complete confidence of place.
Spoken to catch attention of a busy mind
to ‘theirs

 
---


So I have a new passion, a new worship I offer Father, my Heavenly Father. I speak His Name in reference of conversation to Him, under His Amazing Name, He who is in my life without doubt, without processing. 
With love I give my voice this same song to Him,
His Name so Sweet I call.

Exactly who He is! 

How He hears my voice
as Song
when I simply say His Name I love. 

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

His precious name!