Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Monday, February 23, 2015

Empty Heart

The heart 
has worlds to explore 
and yet it can feel 
so empty.  

But taken to His moment, 
taken to His open gate, 
I wonder about 
like I am the tiny 
and He is the Big.  

And the fun begins...! 


As the run takes me over 
and I sing 
from depths I surrender to 
only when I think I am alone.  

And out comes 
the funky dance 
that was created 
from my beautiful careless 
choreographed childlike happiness.   

Giggles are the sounding notes 
that carry my spectacular, 
yet ridiculous, 
fun steps 
towards unheard promises 
that take a hold of me 
with power I am amazed 
have my life written about them.  

As if a stone 
was rolled away 
from the burdens of my weakness, 
music burst forth

causing me 
to be its very vessel 
to bring forth melodies 
to heights and depths 
of heaven on earth.  

I forget I felt empty.

No comments: