Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Prayer Made SIMPLE, Just Believe

What ever you believe in prayer, you shall have it. Matt 21:22 (Message Bible)


We have been afraid of what we believe and have tried to pray things we don’t believe. 

Okay, here is what I’m thinking.  Jesus is hungry! Okay… I can identify with that, …I SURE get hungry!  He sees a fig tree… I LOVE figs!  He goes to pick some for breakfast and finds it isn’t producing so He tells it; Fine, you’ll never grow fruit.  Wow… Okay, so I was with Him until He did that. 

I’ve heard all sorts of sermons and thoughts on this scripture but I can’t recall hearing the thought it gave me this morning.  This act of authority over this tree absolutely amazed His disciples, as it does me!  Why did He do this; and even a more intriguing question I have is HOW?  Jesus tells His disciples it is more or less ‘simple’, you just have faith and do not doubt…!  Hum…. No doubting??  Oh my, I’m bad about doubting L 

BUT, not in all things J Ah ha..!  That’s it… My thoughts begin to swim around a little…! 

My faith has built so much in the last year simply because of the falls and successes of tremendous trials.  As I was bombarded with them, I began putting all my trust in Him, the One who cares for me and I started being more real than I have EVER.  If I was screaming mad, I took it to Him and told Him I’m screaming mad and allowed His Love to calm and direct me, and this occurred many times through family and friends.  If I was excited out of my wits, I took it to Him and gave praise.  But I began TAKING it ALL to Him… good and bad....all that I am, all that I want to be and absolutely all my doubts and fears with a new confidence He could handle it, or better put, He would ‘help’ me with it. 

I learned… praise moves my heart, honesty moves His Heart..!

I saw His Hand over and over and over building me as He gave me room to grow.   I see this scripture as a new Light and reason to be glad when trials come my way.  Why, because it will built my faith as I look to the One Source and He works over the ‘real’ me…!  BUT I must be real, pray real, and not be afraid to look in the mirror and see myself for who I am and take that image to Him to change to become Like Him.  And in that building, I will find faith to move the mountains and cause the fig tree to die. 

Jesus was so involved in the mighty moving of mountains; but even so and more where I am, the small hungers of our day. 

This is just amazing to me…!  What a Great Savior to show us the Way to the Father..!

Here is the story told in the Ampliphed Bible.
Matthew 21:
   18In the early dawn the next morning, as He was coming back to the city, He was hungry. 19And as He saw one single leafy fig tree above the roadside, He went to it but He found nothing but leaves on it [seeing that in the fig tree the fruit appears at the same time as the leaves]. And He said to it, Never again shall fruit grow on you! And the fig tree withered up at once. 20When the disciples saw it, they marveled greatly and asked, How is it that the fig tree has withered away all at once? 21And Jesus answered them, Truly I say to you, if you have faith (a firm relying trust) and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, it will be done. 22And whatever you ask for in prayer, having faith and [really] believing, you will receive.

No comments: