Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Thursday, August 25, 2011

His Love Has Taken Over Our Lives

Psalm 117 (MSG)
   1 -2 Praise God, everybody! Applaud God, all people!
   
His love has taken over our lives;
   God's faithful ways are eternal.
      Hallelujah!

WOW… !  The whole chapter in two verses!  I stopped reading here and began to wonder, “What was behind this session David had with God, his Creator.  What brought on this burst of praise and encouragement for others to do likewise?” 

You know, I think I said these exact same words today….. well, maybe not as pretty as David did, but I said them.  I know I sure enough meant that --- but what a gruesome story behind it. 

With others, I used to think that the Wonders of God come to those who mysteriously made the right choice in the first grade so now they experience rain that drenches their yards in the exact needed moment, before a single blade of grass can even think about being thirsty (or something just as silly).  But knowing David’s life as he revealed his heart to us so openly, I tend to say he did not get called a man after His God’s Heart by finding this sort of rose garden lifestyle thinking.   No, I think David often waited, like I do, until he couldn’t seem to get anything to work.  All his tricks no longer work, his pleas stop moving anything, and even his attitude begins to become obviously distasteful to those around him… and he falls… falls flat on his face.  But the secret, and I love this… he falls ‘to’ God.  Oh yes, yes, yes…I love how David taught us to do this.  

So I was just wondering… just wondering?  Is this praise to God after the most awesome battle David faced was won; or was it while down on his face, troubled, knowing his complete existence relied upon God’s Eternal Stand with him?

I’m learning, for I fall, but I want to always fall ‘to’ God as the Redeemer’s Love Rescues over and over and over; and then overwhelmed with God’s Love, I will declare like David did His love has taken over our lives. 

I shout to Him in gratefulness “Hallelujah!” 

No comments: