Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Innocent Honest Love

Father, I am so full and yet empty,
 for my desire gushes as if I have nothing.  

Full of rich love all the world seeks to buy
 - yet no funds will accomplish its purchase.  

Empty because I find my heart moving to extend 
and stretch for another, 
one more sound from fondness 
that rings of dripping irresistible weakness 
that lays me before my vow 
to give it all for such a drink. 

Poppa from on High, 
I am partial to Your love that feels my heart 
and answers 
yes 
to all my searches.  

I have no sense of its worth 
for I have nothing of equivalence 
to make comparison.  

The sight of such love 
seizes my emotions 
to speak sounds only the eyes can utter; 
only actions can come close 
to mirror its pounding intrusion.  

I run to its persuading consumption 
so that void only means I want more.  

The influence of such love gives 
charm 
the fascinating entrance 
for my heart to indulge 
in its treat to pamper my thoughts 
with private secrets of affections.  

Clothing me with its wardrobe 
of unprofessed love premeditated for only me.  

Innocent honest love 
that is simple 
and untouched as it trustingly 
unlocks intimacy to my exposed heart yearning.  

Uncluttered thoughts fixed upon loves opinion 
as its song dangles deep within, 
my value.  

My soul waits for the change 
as history proves loves copious makeovers from each encounter.

No comments: