Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

More Than I Can Hold

Help me Father, 
help me this morning 
with this thrust of my soul 
to worship.  

~

I find myself wanting to speak 
with such a blast 
that it blows a stairway 
from my thoughts to Your throne 
that I might declare over and over 
the expression “Holy”.  

That I might stand, sit, fall, bow, dance, 
sing this love 
coming from a part of me 
that cannot contain 
what is filling me up.  

Placing within me 
more than I can hold, 
a praise 
that whirls in the walls of my body 
wanting the escape 
and cover You 
with the fragrance of what is happening.  

Angelic dwelling around me 
like a conference is about to start.  

Seating is a stand-only auditorium 
for only hearts are invited.  

A melting of side attractions 
have begun to fade 
as One I am to introduce 
has an entrance 
we await from adoption to the festival.  

Who I am 
cries as warmth 
sets under my soul a fire.  

Who I am 
rises with my voice 
heard in other lands 
as Word fills the earth 
for us to become one 
with Trinity’s Face.  

Nations trembles 
as Holy is released 
to echo 
yesterday, today and forever 
together under God.  

Heaven is in its place 
and falling 
to the souls of those 
who hold Holy 
as its sacred kingdom come.  

Open the pores within me 
that I ooze this worship 
as I pass forth 
Holy, Holy, Holy 
to be sung without stop.  

Beautiful fear be mine.  
Fear that brings wisdom 
so I give my praise 
“Holy” 
with washed hands 
and a contrite spirit.  

As I come close Lord, 
as I feel this good pleasure 
of wonders of wonders; 
I desire this fear 
that wakes the passions created in me 
for Your glory 
and slaps down 
the passions my flesh screams for.  

I have Your kindness 
which delivers all things 
to purposely direct my eyes 
to this Holy place.  

Be upon me, 
behold my yearning 
that is bigger than I can hold.  

With my passion 
I now shout 
with air from lungs full of worship 
never to stop 
but into eternity, 

“Holy, Holy, Holy…..”  

No comments: