Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Monday, April 1, 2013

Screaming Frantically Busy

Screaming, 
frantically busy, 
circling myself with the same thoughts 
and questioning my priorities; 

physically and mentally unable 
to sort through all this traffic.  


~

I plead for something
 or somewhere 
to come so that I can rest 
in wisdom’s safe whispers.  

Longing for a song 
that holds a fascinating note 
for such a long time, 
it captures all my attention 
and I stay my ear upon its lift.  

Only to take my eyes off its colorful strength 
to look about me 
that I might share what I hear with another.   

So hungry for this mystery of peace 
that I confidently spend all I've got 
to find it.  

For I heard, 
I heard Word say 
that I follow into the keeping 
of the power of His life 
that guards me from temptations.   

I reach in, 
to the decision 
to lean toward my fight against temptations, 
as my heart surrenders 
to love that harmonizes with each pitch 
of the song it sings over me.   

For I sleep with eyes wide open 
in regret; 
so sweet Jesus I pray Your Prayer, 
I enter not into temptation 
 and plead I be delivered 
from the evil one.  

Identifying with Word’s prayer 
in the garden, 
as He requested His followers 
to not sleep, 
not grow weary, 
not forget the hour is of high importance, 
pray 
that I not enter into temptations.  

Lord, keep me; 
keep me and my children 
high above the enemy’s reach 
and safely fixed on You.  

The exuberance of one look, 
catching a sketch 
of a Jesus concept, 
a pattern of walking with Father guidelines
guides me through 
tremendously threatening smoke of my enemy.  

Find me asking Poppa, 
find me praying, 
“lead me not into temptation, 
but deliver me, my children, 
my family and friends
from the evil one…!”

For Jesus' last teaching before being
taken by those Father had set to 
fulfill His death and cross...

"Watch and pray,
lest you enter into temptation."

No comments: