Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Stumbling Into The City Of A Great God

What can a love sick heart carry but its desire?  

What can come from their song 
but its message of want 
to be filled with more affection, 
more warmth 
that drenches all the shake 
of aches that come when too far 
from its fire.  

Embracing the cry 
that wonders into the city 
of a great God, 
falling to its abundant 
and brilliant attraction!  
Stumbling into this city
of a great God
I embrace my cry.

Apologies come spewing forth 
as drinking from this fountain 
feels like consuming the riches 
of gold untold.  

Lifting my eyes 
to see if I am invited to stay, 
I am puzzled at such a great welcoming 
to not only stay 
but to take my fill with more than enough.  

Soak, feast, refresh 
and stay for the finale 
of seeing the difference this walk makes.  

Like entering someone's conversation, 
over hearing and becoming enlightened 
to new…
so comes to one 
who enters this Place, 
the city of a great God.  

Seeing beyond the surface 
flesh demands, 
seeing where Light 
carries who He is 
as the flame of fiery love 
opens senses to breathe.  

Frantically the flesh reacts 
with darting eyes to feed its selfish weakness, 
consuming all it can 
for death it feels is happening.   

But, what is Holy 
has the key to staying 
and new desires 
rise in me 
as finding old satisfactions 
do not fulfill as they did before. 

Love adds its oil over me
and my dry hardened heart
releases all fight to surrender
as it becomes my choice
to stay.

No comments: