Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Friday, October 18, 2013

Faithful To Know His Promises When I Cannot Remember

I come, my Comforter,
 for the songs that keep coming up 
swing me into a giggle 
to replace my lack 
I have tried to fill. 

Frantically I attempt 
the rushing mighty ‘must do’ 
that pushes me into high gear 
and when it is over, 
I find something 
that raises a million more questions….
”What was I wanting it to accomplish?”  

It has a nice feel 
to give power 
to my screaming want list 
but if I stop and think 
about what it paid, 
I giggle for it is so short 
of that place 
where I have laid down 
my own mountain 
and pursued Your presence 
that is constant 
and takes me to the ultimate prize.  

I love how no matter what, 
You direct to the riches 
that will expand my heart 
to bigger and better.  

May my eyes never grow weary 
of finding this?  

May I still my soul 
to know that after I hear Your Name 
for 10,000 years, 
I will have only begun 
to know Love together with Trinity?  

For Holy means eternal perfect, 
past forever correctly designed, 
and my heart becoming the strong 
You created me to be 
in Your Holiness.  

To know love like this, 
I must have it to the extreme 
You meant it to be.  

The sense of love 
can be confusing 
as it will lean to its own understanding; 
but the pureness of love 
walks tall beside me 
whether I am in step 
or if I am completely sideways.  

Love will embrace me 
with the power of truth 
and not the silliness 
of padded compromise.  

Faithful to know Your promises 
when I cannot remember 
or seem to crawl out of my own pain, 
Jesus, 
may I say Your Name 
as a believer and 
child within this kingdom forever.

No comments: