Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Monday, December 9, 2013

Could Wilderness Be A Beautiful Place

Ever wanted to go to the ‘wilderness’. Let me share with you a new thought about this place that is working in me.  

Adam and Eve lived in a place called the Garden of Eden where they moved about with wild animals.  And the story in Genesis makes it plain that Satan dwelt there as well for from his temptation Eve then Adam caved.  But the beautiful story tells of how Adam 'walked' with God and was honored to name these beasts and call it good.  Somehow I have a hard time thinking Adam was in a tree horrified with terror at the animals before him while giving each one their name.  I see him as God’s helper, touching and being amazed at what was before him, (just a thought but can you see it?).  

When Moses was in the ‘wilderness’ they had amazing provision and miracles we often fail to notice because we honor the bad somewhat like the media does today.  Can you imagine waking to have your own agenda and not being forced to make bricks.  Playing with your children, going to see grandpa instead of being whipped for looking off from duty assigned.  Sharing stories and recalling what was just over the trees afar.

So here is what really gets me… !  In Mark 1:12 & 13 (NIV) it speaks of how Jesus was taken to the wilderness for 40 days and night (Moses had 40 years in wilderness).  Satan tempted or had conversation with Him and this I have often been taught about. 

But what I was unaware of was where each translation and paraphrase I can find speaks of how Jesus was WITH the WILD animals, AND the angels ministered or attended to Him.  Angels attending… awesome; but WILD ANIMALS as companions….hum, this sounds peaceful to me…. !  

So with the imagination and grace God gives me, I’m left with wondering… so where is and what is the ‘wilderness’ really???

No comments: