Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Thursday, August 12, 2010

God's Protecting Love For A Woman

This morning I read in Genesis 12 where Abraham asked his wife, Sarah, if she would act as his sister to save his life. It does not say she put up a fight or that she disagreed with her husband’s actions, all we know is that she did it. This had to be awkward for it put her in an ‘available’ situation as a single woman; and as expected, Pharaoh took advantage of this beautiful woman’s arrival when the word spread of her appearance in his city. What a talk of the town she must have been and I can’t help but wonder how many opportunities they both had to tell the truth but chose not to until caught. And then something happened that seemed odd to me…Pharaoh’s actions toward Sarah (a single women, as far as Pharaoh was concerned) moved God to turn against Pharaoh’s land with some very serious plagues. That’s interesting…! I have asked the Lord what I should see from this story. A mean, self centered husband (?) a wicked leader (?) a totally submissive wife (?) what? Those were my first impressions after reading a story like this, but as I dig a litter deeper in thought, I am so moved by God’s Love and Protection over this woman Sarah as she surrenders to a request of her beloved. Was Abraham right in asking this…? Apparently not since the plagues rolled in as the effects of his actions takes its toll on Sarah; but what a story of God’s Love on ‘her’ behalf! This really caught my attention, for as a woman we often feel taken advantage of or maybe even used sometimes. But here is a wonderful story of God Almighty’s Protection and His Love for this woman as He Forms the Moves that gives her the freedom she lost…! God is Amazing…!

God has really been dealing with me to make HIM my source. God first, all the time! The steps in doing this seem tremendous and so ‘un’ natural at times. I feel myself stumble, crumble, pleading my own case way too often, only to find His Amazing Faithfulness to me continue. Here is a story, a story between God and a woman. I LOVE it…! God and a woman! God Sees and Knows exactly how to free this woman from a very difficult situation…two commitments, two lives she was living; one the truth, the other a lie. I have to ask myself as I try to apply this story to my own life…What lie did I commit to live that God is rescuing me from? When I am torn and feel like I’m being pulled in to (the plagues have rolled in) … is God making the division in my heart so that I can leave that lie and surrender to the Love and Truth that is mine. God sees me … Watches and Protects. That amazes me this morning with such a deep gratitude. For My SAKE…wow.... for ‘MY’ sake. God, You are more than I could ever understand but I LOVE trying…!!!
 I can’t help but wonder what this story says to other women. Any comments?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi charlotte, thanks for commenting my blog.. feel free also to viist my other blog http://jason-sharon79.blogspot.com/ it is all about God's goodness. Nice to meet you woman of God.. I am following you now in google. God bless my friend :D