Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Monday, May 16, 2011

Way Off...Way Far Off I'm Running Lord

Way off… way far off I’m running Lord. 

Down the road but on my way back to the Wonders of Your House. 
I can’t wait to get there. 

There where I actually get to hug Your Neck
and see You Face to face. 

I see Your Glory Shine like a Bright Beam
as it Directs me home.  Couldn’t miss it and I’m grateful. 

All kinds of thoughts and emotions are going through my head. 
How far am I actually from Home? 
What will You Say when I get there?
What will be Your Response when I am in Your Reach? 
What IS the FIRST thing You will Do or ask of me? 

I doubt
that I will be able to stand
but something within pushes me to give it a try. 

I know the story of the Prodigal son well. 
How he took his portion of his father’s wealth
and spent it on the world. 

I too have experienced how unsatisfying the world is while foolishly spending Your Love and Wealth Given just because I was Yours. 
No wonder we keep trying to get more when we seek what the world has to offer.  No wonder we can’t get our pockets full enough when it is the world we are trying to pocket. It only brings emptiness.

The world has such an abundance of emptiness to offer yet we chase it like it will bring us to some sort of heroism. 

But it never returns closure or an end to our madness. 

So I too am returning to Your House;
where I was raised as a child and handed the
Story of Salvation with each meal. 

And I’m running faster the closer I get
for I’m getting to the place where
whatever You Say
will be better than living in disobedience. 

Stumbling around, looking for a smile and finding despair as my search takes so many diversions. 

I’ve stopped, let the traffic (worries) go around, pondered the possibility of living in Total Obedience verses having my own strong opinions. 

It has my attention and it feels like an Adjustment that is more do-able if I give up eating with pigs (the world) and run with all my might back to Your House, run as if in a race to Your Provisions, Your Portion for me, as Your Time will be my time. 

Do You See me coming? 

I am coming, Lord. 
I am coming as fast as my heart will allow. 

I’ve opened all sorts of doors You Knew I would explore
and now I am racing to open
this Door
of Return to Total Obedience.

Where I’m Handed the
Story of Salvation with Each Meal. 

I’m so far from Home and so tired. 

Way off… way far off I’m running Lord.

I’m coming Home, Lord.

No comments: