Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Saturday, June 4, 2011

I Caught You Singing Over Me

Songs of Wonder, Songs of Might with Color, Songs of Clarity, oh Wondrous Father, are You. 
Songs that a voice sings, simply because they know You.
Oh what a Love Language Your Heart is upon us.  I’ve often wondered what it meant that You “Sing Over” me, and could it really be that I would ever catch You doing so?  If so, what would You Sound like?  Would I suddenly hear out of the blue Your Voice saying my name?  My name, one who feels so lost as she hides in the bushes for sin has caused the bite of an apple. I struggle to understand.
But then, I ponder a sweet picture of a mother forming words to notes dancing in her heart, to the child she delights in.  Back and forth, back and forth, time escapes into the night as she rocks him, holding him as close to her face as possible; gazing into the face she loves. Looking for ‘herself’ in every movement for the likeness he resembles in fascinating.  Her head tilts to get a better view of every corner of his beautiful face, as stunningly this creation has stolen her affection so deep, she would gladly die for him, yet all he does is cry and demand upon her for all his care.  
But her eye does not move from him,
even after he is fast asleep as she listens to the song of love
that mysteriously came one special day
when his life was handed to her for the watching.
Could this Song I hear be Your Love Gazing at me and all I’m doing is crying?  All I know to do is make a noise for I cannot seem to walk, only fall.  Yet I’m Cuddled by Your Holy Spirit that Surrounds me as Arms of Love dance around my being.  Are you Gazing at me with intense determined Eyes of Safety and Ownership; ready to Stretch to whatever length it will require to bring me to fullness, while I, can only think of the moment?  
Though the night, an ordinary night last night, I am awakened and I cry.  Beautiful songs stir my sleep as Love Swarms over me.  Out of my heart love comes that I know so little of, but it was rolling over and over.  I could not escape its voice, so I rose from my bed, while more asleep then awake, and wrote in the dark as my love Song took form on paper….
“Love Pounding, Love Sounding, Love Reoccurring upon the earth!
Love Pounding, Love Sounding, Love Reoccurring upon the earth!
Love Pounding, Love Sounding, Love Reoccurring upon the earth!”

How Soft and yet so Governing it rode my thoughts as it came in Song.
Now awake and wondering….was that me singing?
Was that my heart singing “I love You” as I slept until I became aware of its echo so loudly within.  Like a heavy heartbeat as each Love Note beat so Boisterous.  No, it was You Singing over me and to those You Purchased, as Your Eyes Watch with Fierce Jealous Ownership, this Proclamation though Song of Your Heart.  For I only know to cry, rely completely on You. Like a child in their mother's safe arms.  I heard, I felt; I was there while Your Song Over us Flowed. 
I caught You, didn’t I?  I caught You Singing over me last night while I slept. 
I caught You Singing over me.

No comments: