Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Impossible Almost Unnoticed

Today I was sharing thoughts in an email to my sisters and without warning I was challenged with convictions over a claim I took credit for that was not mine to take at all, so I just stopped and repented...

God, I repent, for You are always showing us Your Love Unfailing by the Impossible Revealed.  But I believe God wants me to know the impossible is almost unnoticed, for Faith is built and we just ‘walk on water’ without thinking.  Oh God, You are so Amazing.  Keep me in Your Seasons of Transforming my mind to Yours.

This thought has remained throughout my day to rouse my thinking on faith building.  How is faith built?  One of the most amazing events in the New Testament is how Peter walked on top of water.  How would anyone take that first step out of a boat into the middle of a raging sea? 

I speculate… would it not merely begin to be common occurrences; running with Jesus, seeing miracles unheard of, sermons transforming people from one step to the next throughout.  It blows my mind when I read these events… I can hardly imagine what it would be like to actually be there…!!!

This is what I’m thinking.  I want to be surrounded by God’s Amazements so I will someday walk on water.  REALLY..!  I want to Grow in the Things of God in such a way that it can happen and I will step out before I even realize what the heck I just did.  Sure, I’ll probably sink just like Peter, but guess what… Jesus reached right down and grabbed him and what a transforming life event that Peter experienced and tells for eternity. Jesus His Savior in every storm…!  

2 Peter 1:5 (MESSAGE)
So don't lose a minute in building on what you've been given, complementing your basic faith with good character, spiritual understanding, alert discipline, passionate patience, reverent wonder, warm friendliness, and generous love, each dimension fitting into and developing the others.

No comments: