Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Idols Be Gone

Father, I know You have invested so much into my life to the very Gift of Your Son, Jesus, for my sake.  This Knowledge keeps me going for my own failures are so massive.  I am so grateful that I stand blameless before You right now simply because of what Jesus did.  I do not owe You one thing other than my acceptance of this Gift.  


I sometimes wish I could give a week’s wage or some sacrifice so that I could ‘pay’ for such a Gift… but just like the thought of a week’s wage so extremely far from paying for all You have done… so I am unable to reach such a sacrifice.  


This sort of Love takes me into such a longing… such a deep want to walk according to Your Love Example.  I am coming so far from it that this morning I realize I can’t even walk.  Not like I want to for You.  


I realize that even though I am so torn and worn down, You have still wanted me.  This again takes me into my want to lay down my life and pick up Your Work, Your Beauty Living through me.  


I am hating the idols I have found in my life.  Things that seem to be of such importance that I think… oh no, not that… THAT’s not an idol.  Father, my Poppa that is so Patient… for that reason alone, I know it is.  I am searching to peel away my fingers from its grip.  Shake out the scream it carries for me to keep tight hold.  I am so heavy with desire and yet find my life showing so many signs of self satisfactions rather than God Satisfactions.  I just want You to know that I determine to give them up.  


All idols, all things that keep me attached to worldly pleasures that do not honor You.  Worldly affections, worldly attitudes, worldly opinions, worldly habits I no longer want as my daily steps through a day.  Cleanse me as I come before You with my prayer.  Open my eyes so that I can identify and destroy things that do not bring me to the Best You have for me.  


You are Faithful in my unfaithfulness.  You are Pure in my impurities.  You are Righteous in my self righteousness.  You are Forever and have a Gift of Life for me.  I want to, in return, give You my whole self and all my broken dreams and idols of self satisfactions.  


Thank You for Receiving me just as I am every day of my Life.  Thank You Jesus for Bringing me to the Feet of My God as Your Pleasure.  I don’t understand but I am grateful…. So very grateful.  I love You and learning just what all that means as You Love me with you’re your Pure Outrageous Love.

No comments: