Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Weariness I No Longer Recognize


Father, I am transcended into a whirlwind 
that seems to spin all weariness 
into something I no longer recognize.  

As if what was – was never. 

Trapped in Your locked container 
that has no entrance or exit, 
are my worries 
I know not how was captured 
and taken away from me.  

Left in my conscientiousness 
is an open freedom 
where One has subdued my enemy 
and I am wondering about 
in a kingdom that saves.  

My appearance 
gives the impression of focused Love 
smeared inside out, 
to shift my ground beneath me 
so that each move becomes careless.  

The lover of my soul 
has spoken my name and I heard.  

I was about my business 
and His kiss of affection 
found the eyes of my heart.  
The woe of His passion 
showed ownership 
and I was jubilant.  

All that remained was now.  

Carried away was the weight of time.  

Saturated in the stare of love, 
words now speak with power 
but no sound.  

Exchanged are life’s burdens 
for the cleanliness of teaching 
washing its waves of song.  

Its life 
comes as not a formed vocabulary 
but as love words 
picked from words and images, 
it holds so gentle a story to enlighten.  

Acquaint me, lover of my soul; 
acquaint me deeper 
with unheard sounds love makes.  

Instruct me 
as You navigate 
my desires discovered. 
I throw caution to the wind 
as love pampers all my falls. 

For where else 
could my soul find such rest.  

Where could I uncover 
such vivaciousness, 
such exquisite awe of connection?

No comments: