Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Your Love Chamber


I trip over my own feet Lord, 
as I draw near to You.  

You don’t seem to mind 
that I haven’t a clue 
to Your thoughts for the moment 
but take pleasure that I've come to hear.  

I sit here to wait in such anticipation.  

What will You tell me?  
Where will You carry my thoughts off to?  

You change often 
even the topic I might like to hold 
by just smiling at me 
rather than frowning over my inconsistent visits.  

I only have my heart to give, 
for that You gave me rights to
 - 
after You covered it with Your existence.  

It’s not like I can create something new 
to amaze You, 
there is nothing new under the sun.  

I cannot wrap up the ocean 
for the placing of a new destiny, 
or pick out freshly made stars 
to stir into Your sight.  

All has Your Name upon its beauty.  

I am almost non existing 
in retrospect to all Your making, 
and yet I am singled out 
in Your Love Chamber 
to be invited to Arms that hold the world.  

Moved from the capacity I hold 
to the Capacity You hold, 
I expand to experience the unspeakable.  

Sights and sounds take form 
like bubbles of delight 
and I fade from one world to reality.  

Swiftly, movement of preparation 
blows across me like a wind.  

A gathering of hearers 
unseen 
bleed into view 
as an angelic sound rings to make the call.  

The Spirit that roams the earth 
to assemble emotions 
so strong it forms groans of beauty 
toward His Throne, 
makes its harvest to the Worthy One.  

Pieces of soul and mind, 
pieces of true hearts, 
pieces tested to abandon this world’s promised life 
for the abounding walk, 
speak.  

And its sound 
fills the heavens 
as those gathered agree.  

You are, 
You are Lord, 
You are.  

Forever I shake with this fever 
that has set me within a gracious Kingdom.  

I watch deeply, 
compassion that slowly seeks its hope 
to settle forever within my discerning; 
making familiar markers 
for me to always have a path to its flurry.  

Erupting repeatedly splattered Love portions 
that perforate timid souls 
to burst forth valiant saints of courage.  

Singled out in Your Love Chamber 
yet joined to the chorus 
that donates the only thing 
they have rights to
 – 
I give my heart with gladness.  

I am intoxicated with Your passion.

Where will You carry my thoughts off to?
Of course...
To Your Love Chamber

No comments: