Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Monday, January 14, 2013

How Do You 'Bring Your Heart' To God

Father, life seems to be so wrapped around our heart
as we listen to the sounds of so much. 
 
And in the midst of it all,
You simply ask,
“Give me your heart!” 
 
It’s almost as if that is a daily look
from Your Love beaming upon my life
that struggles with the silliest of events. 
 
What an amazing place to be the holder of my heart
as I weigh out all those sounds
to make the decision of where to take it. 
 
I listen to reason;
I listen to the emotions that talk
the fastest and loudest within. 
 
How I ever find the door that opens this fullness
so mysteriously calling for my surrender,
I cannot comprehend. 
How do I 'bring You' my heart? 
 
For I stay in the struggle with complete responsibility
to be noble, to be good,
stay in the wall of something
that has assured me is wisdom…
being ‘mature’ as this mind pushes me
to introduce to all those around me. 
 
Poppa, You must surely smile when You see me
 thinking I have searched with such mighty knowledge
and found the door that brings
this fire untouchable, un-measureable,
brighter than all the flashes of lightening
within the sky,
into my life as I enjoy love untraceable,
unmatched from beginning to end. 
 
How comical it has to be to watch
this cute little piece of clay,
created by Your hands for Your pleasure –
rise up and fight the day like she was going to conquer
if she stands tall enough in eyes around. 
 
How funny and yet I find myself somewhat amazing also. 
 
For Your request
 “Give me your heart”;
Poppa, is like the stars lining up
to spell my name in my darkness
just to tickle me with such passion. 
 
My fight to be someone taller or smarter or richer,
has got to be about as goofy as a child can attempt. 
 
I do not know how to find this place
where I bring You my heart,
YOU woe ME to its meadow
in the midst of all my noise,
and You watch ME as Your love never fails. 
 
YOU find Meeeeeee
and with the greatest dance I can dance,
I honor You with my heart….
My heart, to You! 
 
The God whose eyes search my heart
finds a dizzy little child
who loves her Daddy…!

No comments: