Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I Walked Into Its Flames


It amazes me how the Presence of God comes and goes.  This does not mean that He is not with me all the time, but that at times it is as if love or His Presence is so strong that only if I write am I able to hear or see its beauty.  My blog today reminds me of a time (2010 I believe) I was driving across a railroad crossing (yes, when this comes, it is as if every sense about me takes note).  As I bumped my way over, I was singing and a dance came within, and my heart began to dance without concern.  It was so real, I wrote of it as quickly as I could, but that did not seem to satisfy me enough, so I set up a couple of cameras during a lunch hour and danced this dance that next day.

The image was so real, it becomes a part of me. I saw a hand from heaven reach right above my own and it was as if it attached itself to mine right above my arm. I giggled as we played together up and down arm movements, as I experience such delight.  Then this hand reached to my other hand and we played joyfully the same dance.  Then each leg, as I continued to giggle with my creator who was having as much fun as I was.  Then, the hand reached for my heart and I stopped my giggle.  I pondered its request for I did not know what this event would involve. I held my heart, as it was my own, close to me.  Soon, as I continued to dance and feel such safety, I gave my heart; but the unexpected happened.  I felt myself die (so to speak) and I went down.  I laid there, no dance, just laying upon the ground.  I felt a mighty breath come and it lifted my chest with such force yet I fell again to the ground.  Over and over this happened until new life was restored and I was filled with unbelievable strength that seemed to form itself around playful abundant love. What a wonderful time...!  I am not a professional dancer but have enjoyed the romance of dance in church with other believers before God.  I have never had dance, but it fascinates me as the whole body speaks a language.  Someday I may get brave and post this dance video for it is a message said without words but clearly heard. 

Here is a moment I want to record forever where I am somewhat going about my day and I am captured by a Wind...!

My heart has been imprisoned 
by a Wind that passed by.  
Lifting my thoughts of common, 
to catch fire, 
and blow out of control.  

I was fine, 
my soul was singing; 
but my heart bid my soul 
to sink into the uncommon 
and listen to a New Song.  

A death was before me, 
within a vision, 
but not within knowledge of why.  

“A Spark in heaven was sent to set fire”, 
I am told.  
“Why,” 
my run pleas for some sort of discerning.  
"I have human kind 
to build me houses, 
why has this Spark 
come to burn without constraint?"  

Groping with scrabbling acquaintances 
from my mind, 
I skip around this imminent flame.  

With fierce color, 
the fire is so beautiful; 
I cannot take my eyes off its move.  
With such safety as its Word, 
I walk into its flames 
as it captures my breath - 
and warmth pours to form a Face before me.  

Eyes looking at me 
without the color I am accustomed, 
but with a thousand emotions of passion.  
Every emotion I have ever experienced 
begins to soar to meet passion's sound, 
as unheard of love 
takes me through its fire of change.  

I hear Word 
but with such new comprehension; 
as if I now can identify with each tune 
Word carries to form the simple of one.  

For I remember, 
yes, I remember 
when many words spoke
to form one thought; 
but now, 
each word forms extreme thoughts.  

Searching deep 
as my own eyes crumble with tears 
as fire exposes so cheerfully.  

With a smile beginning to make 
its appearance across my emotional countenance, 
I look with sobbing shouts 
unheard around me, 
I am moved by such a flame of love.  

For passion left its heavenly home, 
died as sin without sin, 
to rest me in its extreme 
for eternal rolls, 
as Wind moves 
the flames of love
Fire has set.

No comments: