Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Friday, April 12, 2013

Dance is Jesus Thoughts Turned to Music


Sweet Lord, 
I want to dance 
Your grace tonight. 

I want to dance the song 
that is in my being 
to the lifting of my soul.  

Actions that lock me down, 
be released 
to follow not after my own good 
but with the Name I love 
upon my lips 
for who You are forever more.  

Jesus, see my eyes dancing 
with my gaze turned 
to include my smile 
as my thoughts become music 
I respond to.  

As the beauty of what I hear 
keeps my moves rising, 
I hold the power of this kingdom 
running its aroma 
to fill me body, soul, and spirit. 

Your love kisses 
my emotions 
to assure my dance is enjoyed 
as You seek the earth 
for those joining in truth 
to declare this perfect song.  

Skipping my feet 
with the run 
of a million sounds about me, 
I dance to a few here and there 
that speak love to my ears.  

Grabbing paths that connect all things 
to the center of this attraction, 
the Lord Jesus Christ, 
I stop to breath in such a sight.  

I fold my hands about my chest 
and open them upward 
to dance my vow 
to love You forever 
with all that I can 
and as often as I might.  

The stereo of blended tunes 
bless the stage of this worship dance 
formed from thoughts of Jesus.  

Tears shine upon sparkled dance floors 
as servants breaks chains 
and join the dance 
that comes from death to life.  

Hear the music, 
the sounds of His Name 
from the core of hearts 
surrendering to the forever God.  

See the dance of saints 
as beauty floats 
from their mouth 
and bounces from soul to soul.  

Songs of what Jesus has done 
spring forth 
and its melody causes feet to dance.  

A mighty roar waves about the sky 
as it holds tremendous power of praise.   

Hearts forget themselves 
and become focused 
on what is pouring from Father’s heart.  

Dancing is a response 
from Jesus thoughts 
turned into music. 

No comments: