Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Watch My Days

To my Father 
who owns every moment 
of my time, 
all the creation around me, 
all stops and goes of my life

 - to knowing my beginning 
to my end of days here on earth.   

So involved in creating my timing, 
my place for Your good pleasure 
and to take me 
to my fullest potential 
in gentleness and kindness, 
leading me 
to drink of Your fountain only.  

My needs met 
by Your knowledge in more ways 
than I could know 
my lack and ask.  

Merciful Father, 
so pure with motives for me, 
take me and give my daily bread today 
so that I am in strong standing 
under a plan that leads 
to the gates of forgiveness 
and gathers me 
to be sure of this pardon.  

I find hunger 
and I go seeking.  

I want to be found 
looking for food 
that I will share for eternity, 
not the turning away 
to pleasures held 
for only pieces 
of glory here on earth.  

When I am asked 
to do the bidding of another 
I have no rights or ownership in, 
give me strength 
to not take upon my soul 
their grip, this enemy 
that makes guilt or kindness 
a trick to capture my strength 
away from my assigned days.  

Help me watch my days carefully.  

Help me take 
my own self-centered desires 
or my fears 
I am not getting 
or will not be provided for, 
and squeeze this lie out of my heart.   

I want my days to be filled 
with the watch of a released heart 
after Your love, 
consumed in walking 
a straight path assigned. 

Swallowed whole in Your goodness 
as my time spent on earth 
accomplishes Your will.  

May I carry myself 
as unashamed and surrendered 
to this passion 
You serve as my stairway 
to all of heaven’s feasting.  

Feed me from above 
and I will see Your Face. 

No comments: