Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Ready To Be Squeezed

When a wind comes through, 
I look up 
as if I will see 
from where it came from. 

Silly me!  

You can’t see the wind, 
only watch what it touches.  

Oh Poppa, 
when Your Spirit breezes through, 
I marvel at watching 
what it does to me, 
how it touches me.  

What tunes, 
what notes sound 
as this Sweet Wind blows about, 
to cause music 
to come forth from me 
like I was created to be.  

Playing me 
like I was of 
Your most prized instrument.  

My thoughts explore 
the whole experience 
with force to gather 
this harvest of emotions 
like a dry sponge 
absorbs every drop of moisture 
it can hold.  

Ready to be squeezed 
here and there 
so what I gathered 
can be enjoyed 
all about my travels.   

Waiting, watching, 
holding on as long as I can; 
often freezing in a stand-still 
so all remains within. 

Swinging back 
to its beginning 
so a rehearsal can pick up 
any that might have been missed 
the first time.  

Not one swish of this Wind 
has no meaning.  

As I stay in these hurricanes 
or slight touch 
of hearing the Wind, 
I hum my life to You 
as the melody 
of this memorable moment.  

For I listen 
to the high and low 
of such power 
and with surrendering of my will, 
I see my life 
as Your song.  

The sweet rest 
that calms my weary soul 
gives understanding 
the song is singing 
with victory of love about me. 

New appetites 
beyond my previous knowledge 
are now both developing 
and being satisfied.  

With the pitch Your Spirit 
created among Your beloved, 
I lift my own 
to blend in harmony 
the New Song that is awakened.

No comments: