Dancing with my heart, my words, my song, and my love, before my God…


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who
LOVE YOUR NAME may rejoice in you. Psalms 5:11

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Love - What Is It

We were created to hold a substance 
unable to buy, sell, or trade; 
And yet...
we have been commanded to share; 
accepting this substance 
that comes in every which way 
but what we usually can predict! 


~


We can’t earn it, 
we can’t manipulate it, 
we can’t demand it 
and we sure can’t fake it; 
and yet again,
commanded to share.  

Love is… 
a substance so wanted 
we build our every step to find it.  

I lose it, abuse it,
and most of the time - 
become confused by it
for it trips up all selfish moves.

Love surrounds my every
response, thought, and secret
with its knowledge
of how to hear me.

Love holds no sacred
loyalty to my folly
but to my end
for my sake 
of progress and betterment.

 Love's boundaries 
are endless with
faithful pulls and stops
to give me an umbrella
in the rain.

Love has my total attention.

No matter what my adventure is, 
I am consciously and unconsciously hoping 
to find each response 
coming back 
filled with love's attitudes.  

Love desires,
 hidden so deep and strong within me, 
moves my heart 
to connect each event supernaturally; 
so much so that disappointment flies 
when I receive a counter reaction.  

Scared and troubled 
when what sets before me is war; 
two flinging their world 
as if it is the answer 
to the thirst of all others.  

Flames rise within the soul 
and a kingdom begins to scream for its rule.  

And then love,
working its strength in spite of me
comes around, for it knows
it is the ultimate results
I have been set to desire.

Take notice, oh my soul;
love wins - every time...!

No comments: